[rkward-users] ggplot2 - package installation error

Sourav Chakraborty schakra1 at my.uno.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:41:19 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

I am going through some interesting issues. I am not sure if it is
RKward or something else. I could not be able to install some of the
packages such as "ggplot2" in RKward.

It is giving me dependency error. I tried to install the dependencies
one by one. But it did not work. The error codes were coming back in
loop. I have attached the error codes here. Hope this will help explain
the problem better.

Here are the pastebin files:
      * http://paste.ubuntu.com/644178/
      * http://paste.ubuntu.com/644189/
      * http://paste.ubuntu.com/644190/
      * http://paste.ubuntu.com/644191/

On a second note, I have observed some libraries were present in
multiple locations. Was there any default location where they should be
present (such as /usr/lib/R/library)? I have read/write access through
kdesudo. So installing it should not be a problem. Please see attached
image for details. Also, is there an easy to way to uninstall packages
beside remove.packages () function in R?

Here is a screenshot:
http://img638.imageshack.us/i/samepkgmultiplefoldersr.png/

Thank you again for developing RKWard constantly for the scientific
community.

Best regards,
Sourav Chakraborty, Ph.D.
The Ohio State University

P.S. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with kernel-2.6.38-10-generic, 2 GB RAM and
intel 2.00 GHz processor.