[rkward-users] command to open script file from Krusader

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 12 16:07:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 10 July 2011, Mihai Terente wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to open a script file with Rkward from Krusader.
> If I give the default command, e.g. open with... it runs rkward
> -caption "%c" %i. This seems a command for opening workspaces and I
> think that's why I get this message into the Rward command log:

yes, in fact, RKWard will try to load this as a workspace (and fail). There
simply is no command line option to open a script file, so far. Consider
opening a wishlist item in our tracker
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=459010&group_id=50231&func=browse).

Here is a workaround of sorts:
  rkward --evaluate "file.edit (\"filename.r\")"
will open the script file (and bug you with a dialog).