[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Rkward for windows on usb drive

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 24 11:55:46 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3692612:

Hi again,

could you give some more detail? My first guess is that your USB disk is assigned a different drive letter on the two machines (e.g. E: on the first, F: on the second). Either that, or R is installed separately on these machines, but in a different path.

You may want to try the new \"installation bundle\" (linked from http://p.sf.net/rkward/windows), which we created after you brought up this topic. This is designed to be fully portable across different installation paths. (The key difference is that the path to R is stored as a relative, not absolute path in KDE\\bin\\rkward.bat; see comment #5).