[rkward-users] [Help] RE: 'rkward' R-lib not loaded/log file dir...

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 11 12:41:08 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by singinaflatinef at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3700146:

Hi, there,

first of all, I am running Kubuntu 10.4 (but the problem was already there under 9.4, which I was using since a week ago).

I tried to follow your suggestions, but to no avail: first of all, I ran [code]sudo R CMD REMOVE rkward[/code]; then, I tried [code]sudo R CMD REMOVE -l/usr/lib/R/library rkward[/code] (and the other directories that [code].libPaths()[/code] gave back). Answer: there are no packages under that name.
Next step was to remove rkward also using synaptic. Then, I re-installed rkward using synaptic. That gave me the old error message. So, I uninstalled it again, using synaptic, to try your hint on the self-compiled version. The problem I ran into there was that, after removing CMakeLists.txt, the [code]cmake[/code] command would lead to
[quote]CMake Error: The source directory \"/home/irex/rkward-0.5.3\" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.[/quote]
..., whether or not I specify the DR_EXECUTABLE option or not. Finally, I put CMakeLists.txt back, compiled rkward from source (including \"sudo make install\", of course) - and ran into the old error message when trying to run \"rkward\".

Here\'s a little more information of what happens in the terminal when running \"rkward\": the command would start R (2.11.0) nicely, but then give
[quote]Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
error in initialization call \'options (device=rk.screen.device)
\'
rkward(7302)/kparts KParts::PartManager::addPart: Part \' \"\" \' has a widget  \"khtml_part_widget\"  with a focus policy of NoFocus. It should have at least a ClickFocus policy, for part activation to work well.

rkward(7302)/kdecore (services) KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing  \"/usr/share/mime/magic\"
rkward(7302)/kdecore (services) KMimeTypeFactory::parseMagic: Now parsing  \"/home/irex/.local/share/mime/magic\"
Command failed (other)
failed command was: \'.rk.set.reply (NULL)\'
- error message was: \'\'[/quote]
followed by similar \'rk.get.structure...\' errors.

Does any of the above make any sense to you? Did I skip any important step when either doing the \"clean-up\" or the re-install? I really did my best to follow the steps meticulously...

I\'m very grateful for any further help that brings me closer (back) to a running rkward!
Best regards,
irenaeus