[rkward-users] [Help] 'rkward' R-lib not loaded/log file dir...

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 6 15:13:47 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by singinaflatinef at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3700146:

Hi folks,

sorry for bothering you with what is probably a silly question, but I did try to find a solution on the net beforehand. Also, I de- and re-installed both rkward and R over again, even compiling rkward myself, in the hopes of the programs configuring themselves automatically. My problem is that each time I open rkward, it tells me the following things:

-  The \'rkward\' R-library either could not be loaded at all, or not in the correct version.
-  There was a problem opening the files needed for communication with R. Most likely this is due to an incorrect setting for the location of these files. Check whether you have correctly configured the location of the log-files (Settings->Configure Settings->Logfiles) and restart RKWard.

Now, this probably sounds like an utterly dumb question to you, but I don\'t have a clue of what the correct location of the log-files would be! Can anybody help me on this one? Would that also solve the first problem rkward reports, or is that something more serious?

Sorry for bothering you with such newbie questions!
All the best,
irenaeus