[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Rkward for windows on usb drive

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 3 13:46:44 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by jeanbaptiste13 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3692612:

Hello,

I went through the installation over the WE.
I installed everything on an external hard drive from a computer (windows XP) for which I have all the rights.
I installed R under \"F:\\Applications\\R-2.11.0\" which is quite usual for an R installation.

Then I installed KDE under \"F:\\Applications\\KDE\" and downloaded the files in \"F:\\Temp\\KDE files download\" in order not mix me up. I had to install KDE three times as each time I got some connection problems (KDE is big).

Then I ran Rkward quite easily providing it with the places where I had installed everything.

As I did that under a computer for which I have all the rights I got a shortcut on the desktop.

I came to my office and launch Rkward from F:\\Applications\\KDE\\bin using the file rkward.bat as tfry says above. The computer I am using here at work is also under XP and I cannot install softwares under C.

So far everything is going ok which is awesome! Thank you so much for providing such a nice GUI.

Thanks again