[rkward-users] RKWard 0.5.0 crash

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 16 20:33:23 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, ertugrulerata wrote:
> error in my previous e-mail is resolved and  i compiled rkward  and
> installed  . now rkward crash with following error:
>------------------------- rkward(11468)/kparts KParts::PartManager::addPart:
> Part ' "" ' has a widget  ""  with a focus policy of NoFocus. It should
> haveat least a ClickFocus policy, for part activation to work well.

This message is unlikely to be related to the crash (but I will investigate
it). My best guess is that once again a wrong version of the rkward R library
is getting picked up (one from a previous installation of an older version).
Please try running

# R CMD REMOVE rkward

*several times* until you get a message that no "rkward" library could be
found. Do this both as root and as regular user. Now install rkward again.

If this does not help, run rkward with

# rkward --debug-level 5 2> debuglog

, zip up the resulting file "debuglog", and post it (preferrably to
rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net to keep traffic on this list low).