proposal to re-work the welcome page

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 23 17:00:05 BST 2022

Am Wed, 20 Apr 2022 22:30:24 +0200
schrieb meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> i think instead of a link to the addon configuration it would be more
> helpful if it opened the package installation dialog, second tab,
> with the checkbox for RKWard plugins activated -- is that possible?

I'm a bit reluctant about this, as it would mean two very similar links
(both to the package installation dialog). Also, I think a pointer along
the lines of "there's other add-ons as well" is useful in its own
right, even if it may require some extra clicks after that.

I also think the installation dialog is in need of a rework (less
dialogs popping up, better indication of what will be done, and, yes,
better visibility for the "RKWard" filter option (maybe even sorting
the rkward packages into an own category - but not sure about that,
yet).