Kate plugins - running without installing

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jan 29 14:01:12 GMT 2020

hi,

Am Dienstag, 28. Januar 2020, 17:01:16 CET schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 23:27:08 +0100
> meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > it's a bit strange now that i often get the file manager open next to
> > the projects folder, not one or the other. but only until i select
> > one of their respective buttons, then the view changes to what was
> > expected in the first place.
>
> I believe it happens, when the projects tool view gets created, while
> the file manager view is already open (such as when you open a first
> file belonging to a "project").

that's it, i can reliably replicate the issue this way.

> > at one occasion i also had a linux console open in a split view to
> > the R console which also disappeared when i selected the R console
> > button and never reappeared since.
> >
> > this is not supposed to happen, right?
>
> Huh? There is a kate console plugin, but we're not loading that, yet.

it's similar to what happens above -- here's how i can replicate it:

 1. start RKWard
 2. open the R console
 3. open the file browser
 4. browse to a file in a git repo and open it in the editor

result: the project view is created next to the file browser, and an
additional shell prompt opens right next to the R console, labelled "current
project". i wonder what happens on a windows machine ;)