first draft of an RMarkdown export plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Oct 14 11:53:23 BST 2018

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 21:01:45 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2018, 13:48:48 CEST schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > - Unless a lot more options get added, I'd suggest to merge the two
> >   tabs of the plugin.
>
> yes, i thought about it. i mainly hid the version selection in
> another tab to not confuse people with a choice they probably don't
> fully understand. support for v1 is there for backwards compatibility
> only, it looked like "too important" if it was on the same tab. does
> that make sense?

I had guessed as much. Well, let's leave it like this for now. Do add a
<stretch> on the second tab, though, to fix the layout.

> > - But perhaps you intend to add options for style and colors, for
> >   instance?
>
> adding more options would either mean tinkering with the document
> itself somehow, or probably use the configuration parameter of
> pandoc(), i.e. generating a temporary configuration file.

As far as I understand, you can override those using the output_format
parameter in render(). Of course that may be more work than it's worth.
I was just wondering what further options the plugin _might_ get,
eventually.

> the browser element currently has it's drawbacks for use as a "save
> file" option. i was missing an "overwrite" checkbox for existing
> files, and it would have helped to append file extensions
> automatically (although that can be kind of worked around by
> pre-filling the field as suggested).
>
> also, even though the element has file extensions set for the input
> script, it doesn't apply them to files that were automatically added
> because the plugin was launched with the file currently opened. i'm
> sure this can be dealt with with JavaScript logic, but i think this
> actually belongs to the element features itself -- it should be
> marked red when the defined file extensions don't fit the given file,
> and the submit button deactivated.

I'll have to look into those.