RMarkdown preview

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 4 15:29:50 BST 2018

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 07:18:56 +0200
Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 15:16:39 +0200
> meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > btw, did you have a look at kile 3 yet? it was installed with
> > kubuntu 18.04 and by default now also has a live preview of the
> > compiled LaTeX document you're editing. it uses synctex to jump to
> > the part of the document where your cursor is in the LaTeX file (i
> > have no idea if that's possible with markdown as well). more
> > importantly, you can configure whether preview updates should
> > happen immediately after changes or only when you saved the file.
> > very handy.
>
> That makes some sense. I'll try to remember to address that, once I'm
> done fixing the most important bugs.

Ok, added that, now. I made it so that the behavior defaults to "update
as you type" for unsaved scripts (think: the small quick-and-dirty
hack), but to "update on saving" for scripts that were loaded.

RMarkdown scripts will includes should work, now, as well. And be sure
to have a look at the "R Console" preview mode (for plain .R scripts).
I really like that one, myself.

That covers what I had in mind for the preview feature (and more).
Anything else important that I forgot, here?