RMarkdown preview

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Oct 4 19:50:58 BST 2018

hi,

Am Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2018, 07:18:56 CEST schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 15:16:39 +0200
> meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > i can probably try something, if you you help me out from time to
> > time. let's start with how do i use the currently opened .Rmd file
> > automatically in a plugin? i think i haven't done something like that
> > before.
>
> Well, actually it wasn't possible until you wrote this... There is now
> a pre-defined property "current_filename" that you can connect to. Take
> a look at the Data->Sort plugin to get an idea how it can be used (that
> one uses current_object to work on the currently edited data.frame, if
> any).

in sort.xml i see

 <connect governor="current_dataframe" client="object.available"/>

is that what you were referring to?

> We may or may not want to limit the visibility of a "Render" plugin to
> script windows, but that is something to worry about later.

good point. i imagine that RKWard will kind of detect whether files are
markdown (or at least a script) so that the save/export plugin can omit most
of that detection magic. so we probably won't need all the "object has
changed" JavaScript targeted at files, right?