updating rkward craft script

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 31 11:28:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, 31 May 2017 12:36:30 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2017, 10:58:53 CEST schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > My next plan: Install qt5, including webkit from Macports. Then try
> > to go the rest of the way with Craft.
> >
> > Or have you been down _that_ road, already?
>
> no, just didn't get to it yet. also, what i find a bit inelegant
> about this is the need for both homebrew and MacPorts (assuming you
> did the setup with homebrew, as recommended on the KDE webpage). i'd
> rather try first to use Qt from homebrew as well and see if its
> QtWebKit can be combined with the Qt
> >=5.6 packages. at least, i found sites on the web recommending to
> >use
> homebrew if you need QtWebKit on macOS.

It seems you definitely do not need both. Just install the dependencies
using MacPorts. In fact, I have just updated that page in the KDE wiki.
(Does Homebrew actually include qt5? I was left thinking, it does not,
but not sure, whether I tried, before I wiped it.)

Not sure, what will break, and when, but it actually seems much easier
- and - did you know they have a binary package cache, yet? Sooo sweet.
I'm in the middle of compiling frameworks, already, with no signs of
trouble so far (once I had all requirements installed).

> btw, did you have a look at the changes rené did to the code?

Yes, and they look good to me, but René's recommendation was to
give them a quick test (yeah, right...), before merging. Well, looks
like we're slowly getting there.