Option for saving workspace

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Aug 15 13:40:37 UTC 2017

hi pierre,

Am Montag, 14. August 2017, 19:03:50 CEST schrieb Pierre de Villemereuil:
> I've been using RKWard for several years now, it's great and it suits my
> workflow quite well,

that's nice to read :-)

> But RKWard is being a pain about that: it complains that I need to save the
> workspace and stops the activity from being stopped. I need to manually
> close all RKWard windows and then stop the activity, which kind of beats
> the purpose of it all...
>
> Having a way to setup this behaviour in the configuration would thus be
> awesome. It could seat in "General" near the setup of the layout and have 3
> - "Always save the workspace at exit"
> - "Never save the workspace at exit"

i've just tried a few possible workarounds, but nothing worked so far.

RKWard replaces q() with a custom function, which calls

  .rk.do.plain.call("quit")

since the above call currently ignores all arguments given to q(), calling it
with 'save="no"' has no effect, which in turn invalidates workarounds like
changing the default formals of q(). i also didn't manage to start RKWard with
R interpreting the "--no-save" option (e.g., by using an alias).

i think the best approach here would be to actually evaluate q()'s "save"
argument.

@thomas: does RKWard's closing dialog already support further arguments, so
that replacing the R functions q()/quit() would be sufficient?