Option for saving workspace

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre.de.villemereuil at mailoo.org
Mon Aug 14 17:03:50 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I've been using RKWard for several years now, it's great and it suits my workflow quite well, except for one thing. I'm almost never using workspaces and prefer to save/load only specific objects using the save()/load() functions in R and just save my scripts.

But RKWard is very insistent on using workspaces and always complain, whenever I close the window that the workspace isn't saved. A dialogue on which I always click "Discard".

It didn't really bothered me until recently I'm trying to make more use of Plasma's activities to start/stop working on stuff on my personal laptop. Activities are nice in the sense that I can stop it and restart it later, which would open exactly the same windows I left it with.

But RKWard is being a pain about that: it complains that I need to save the workspace and stops the activity from being stopped. I need to manually close all RKWard windows and then stop the activity, which kind of beats the purpose of it all...

Having a way to setup this behaviour in the configuration would thus be awesome. It could seat in "General" near the setup of the layout and have 3 options:
- "Ask me to save the workspace at exit"
- "Always save the workspace at exit"
- "Never save the workspace at exit"

Could this be something workable?

Cheers,