menu bug

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Sep 6 16:14:09 UTC 2016

hi,

Am Freitag, 2. September 2016, 20:48:09 CEST schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > can you reproduce this? i'm using the KF5 daily builds, kubuntu
> > 16.04, but with backports (Qt 5.5.1, plasma 5.6.5, frameworks 5.18.0).
>
> works for me, and seems very unlikely to be related to anything we do
> in RKWard. Qt might be to blame (5.4.2, here), frameworks could be to
> blame, though that would not be my first guess (5.15.0, here). Does
> sound a bit like something that a style could mess up, so trying with a
> different style might help pinpointing the problem.

i have the problem on two machines, one using the default breeze theme and the
other the old oxygen theme, if that's what you have in mind? i've made a short
screencast to demonstrate this issue:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/screencast_RKWard_menu_bug.avi

the one thing that still makes me think this is something rather RKWard-
specific is this: i've never seen this in any other application so far, and it
is exclusive to both the import and export menu. no other menus of RKWard show
this behaviour. is there anything special about these two?

it is not related to the l10n, i also have this problem in an english
environment.