menu bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 2 18:48:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:24:18 +0200
mei> i see a very strange behaviour regarding the import menu. or, to be
> more precise, it's what i _don't_ see:
>  http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_KF5_menu_bug_2016-08-31.png
>
> the "middle" submenu of the import dialog is missing -- most of the
> time. when i move the mouse over the area, the menu appears and
> disappears flickering. it is impossible to actually use the
> subsubmenu that you can see in the screenshot.
>
> can you reproduce this? i'm using the KF5 daily builds, kubuntu
> 16.04, but with backports (Qt 5.5.1, plasma 5.6.5, frameworks 5.18.0).

works for me, and seems very unlikely to be related to anything we do
in RKWard. Qt might be to blame (5.4.2, here), frameworks could be to
blame, though that would not be my first guess (5.15.0, here). Does
sound a bit like something that a style could mess up, so trying with a
different style might help pinpointing the problem.