[rkward-devel] Usability: Reading CSV

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Oct 2 09:15:56 UTC 2015

hi,

i've been following this thread, very insightful -- keep it coming.

Am Dienstag, 29. September 2015, 18:33:44 schrieb jan:
> I split them in different mails, so that the issues stay separated.
>
> 1) Reading CSV Data

i assume some of the aspects discussed for the import dialog will also affect
the corresponding "write CSV" plugin. i can adjust that once the changes to be
done are final. it's built by an rkwarddev script.

@jan: maybe you have a look at the plugin, their layout is quite similar, but
perhaps you can spot some additional sins there. it's in the exports submenu.

btw., this inspired me again to do something i had in mind ever since alfredo
presented his teaching plugin in spanish: i'm writing some functions that
translate existing plugin XML code into rkwarddev function calls. this will
not produce ready-to-run script code, but still be useful (at least for me
;-)) to speed up the transition, if you want it. i'm pretty far already, e.g.

 > (cbox <- rk.XML.cbox(label="foo", value="foo1", chk=TRUE))
 <checkbox id="chc_foo" label="foo" value="foo1" checked="true" />
 > cat(p2s.attributes(cbox))
 rk.XML.cbox(
   label="foo",
   value="foo1",