[rkward-devel] [rkward/work/remove_khtml] /: WIP: Start actually replacing KHTMLPart with QWebView / QWebPage.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 6 07:45:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:40:50 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 09:58:58 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> can you tell me what needs to be done to not start RKWard with german
> translations? i tried setting various environemnt varaibles and even
> configured KDE to use english globally -- no effect, RKWard still
> started up in german.

you can use
  KDE_LANG=xy rkward
Where "xy" can be set to "C" for no translation or "en" for English.
Another quite useful value is "x-test", which can be used to check
whether messages are properly marked up as i18n, extracted, imported,
installed, and found by RKWard.

No idea, why the global setting should not have an effect (but while
trying to reproduce, KDE won't even let me select any other language
than English, here; not sure what I'm missing). Do other KDE apps react
to this?

> it also always started with a warning when
> invoked by calling rkward in a terminal:

[...]

This likely indicates that you are starting a different, and not fully
installed (or partially overwritten) version of RKWard on the terminal.
Try
  which rkward
Also check the details button, it probably complains about a mismatch
in "rk.app.version".

> i don't see this when using the menu item. on the console, i see
> "Warning: Unsetting LC_ALL" -- does that prevent mie from setting the
> language manually?

I believe not so. It will set "LANG", instead. And, admittedly, I keep
forgetting, how KDE proceeds in determining the language to use. If you
observe any functional difference between other KDE apps and RKWard,
in this respect, do let me know.