[rkward-devel] import/export CSV

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Dec 2 10:46:52 UTC 2014

hi,

thanks for the fast feedback.

Am Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2014, 09:59:12 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Monday 01 December 2014 22:11:39 meik michalke wrote:
> > here's a refined version, what do think of the restructured comments?
>
> definitely better, IMO. I'd suggest also putting all implicit paramteres on
> a single line of the comment, though, so the comment does not push the
> actual code out of sight.

ok, fixed.

> Some more small items:
> - When specifying custom sep / dec, that generates sep="other"/dec="other".

oops... fixed.

> - "Quote all values" would more appropriately be labelled "Quote all
> strings"

fixed.

> - Typo on <varselector>-label: "varaible"

fixed.

> Again, I think it may make sense to move the format specs to the first tab
> (and file encoding somewhere else). Sure, that makes for a rather largish
> dialog, but I think it's still just acceptable.

shuffling around elements is no problem, i'll try something. however:

> - Set the labels of the inputs for custom dec/sep to "" (these are
> definitely expendable, IMO)
> - Set the label of the file name selector to "". Probably self-explanatory.

that could actually help, if i manage to get rkwarddev to write empty strings
into its objects... currently, it leaves the labels out and RKWard auto-fills
them.

generally: should i simply already add the XML and JS file to git already? if
so, should i also put the rkwarddev script somewhere there, or would you like
to have its results, only?