[rkward-devel] import/export CSV

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Dec 2 08:59:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Monday 01 December 2014 22:11:39 meik michalke wrote:
> here's a refined version, what do think of the restructured comments?

definitely better, IMO. I'd suggest also putting all implicit paramteres on a
single line of the comment, though, so the comment does not push the actual
code out of sight.

Some more small items:
- When specifying custom sep / dec, that generates sep="other"/dec="other".
- "Quote all values" would more appropriately be labelled "Quote all strings"
- Typo on <varselector>-label: "varaible"

Again, I think it may make sense to move the format specs to the first tab
(and file encoding somewhere else). Sure, that makes for a rather largish
dialog, but I think it's still just acceptable. To help reduce height, you
can:
- Set the labels of the inputs for custom dec/sep to "" (these are definitely
expendable, IMO)
- Set the label of the file name selector to "". Probably self-explanatory.
- As a rather desparate (but effective) measure, you could put varslot and
browser on the same row.