[rkward-devel] R2HTML orphaned on CRAN

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Aug 24 06:27:37 UTC 2014

On Saturday 23 August 2014 23:21:37 Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> Great! I've created a GitHub repository at
> https://github.com/nalimilan/R2HTML
>
> Please apply for commit rights (or give me your username) and I'll give them
> to you.

Username is tfry-git (both tfry and tfried were already taken - this world is
so crowded...).

> I've pushed fixes for the global assignment issue, at least the warnings
> are gone and the tests pass, I've not yet done careful checks. I had to
> remove an obscure feature which overrode the fix() function in order to
> do clever things when fix() was called during an HTMLStart()/HTMLStop()
> session. I don't think this is very useful.

Yes, I've had a glance at that, and it sure looked weird. Regarding the other
assignments, I guess .HTML.file is the most touchy one, as this could
conceivably be used by some dependent code. I guess it might be useful (not to
RKWard, though) to add at least a getter function, so users can mix HTML() and
custom writes more easily.