[rkward-devel] R2HTML orphaned on CRAN

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Sat Aug 23 21:21:37 UTC 2014

Le jeudi 21 août 2014 à 15:23 +0200, Thomas Friedrichsmeier a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> On Wednesday 20 August 2014 23:14:59 Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > If fixing all of R2HTML would take too much time, we could as well
> > remove the offending functions, as it's always better for users than not
> > being able to install the package from CRAN at all.
> >
> > If you are OK, I can volunteer for fixing the assignment in the global
> > environment issue, and you would fix the two easier NOTEs. Then I would
> > take care of maintaining the package. Deal? ;-)
>
> Ok, deal.
>
> The global assignment, and esp. maintainance were my primary concerns, the
> other two notes look very managable, indeed.
>
> So what's the workflow? Should I send you diffs against the current archive?
> Or will there be a source repository? (BTW, this is not necessarily a great
> option, but it is possible to add dedicated svn or git repos under the rkward
> umbrella on sourceforge.)
Great! I've created a GitHub repository at https://github.com/nalimilan/R2HTML

Please apply for commit rights (or give me your username) and I'll give them to you.

I've pushed fixes for the global assignment issue, at least the warnings
are gone and the tests pass, I've not yet done careful checks. I had to
remove an obscure feature which overrode the fix() function in order to
do clever things when fix() was called during an HTMLStart()/HTMLStop()
session. I don't think this is very useful.