[rkward-devel] R3.0.0 + R engine has died -- rkward Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote closed

ndordea ndordea at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 16 22:00:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

I just tried to start rkward  0.6.1 after upgrading to R 3.0.0 .
It fails with this message :
"R engine has died -- rkward
 Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote closed
The R backend will be shut down immediately. This means, you can not use any more functions that rely on it. I.e. you can
do hardly anything at all, not even save the workspace (but if you're lucky, R already did that). What you can do,
however, is save any open command-files, the output, or copy data out of open data editors. Quit RKWard after that.
Since this should never happen, please write a mail to rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, and tell us, what you were
trying to do, when this happened. Sorry!"
I checked the internet and it seems that rkward 0.6.1 supports R 3.0.0
I use Linux OpenSuse  11.4 32bit .

Could you please let me know what is wrong and how can I fix this issue.

Thank you,
Nick

Nick Dordea
ndordea at austin.rr.com