[rkward-devel] can't execute rkward 0.6.1 release

SANCHEZ ALBERCA, ALFREDO asalber at ceu.es
Mon Apr 22 17:47:56 UTC 2013

Finally I solved the problem, removing rwkard and all its dependencies, and doing a clean installation.
The problem may be caused by a failed previous installation, as Thomas suspected.
Thanks a lot!
On Saturday 13 April 2013 18:16:25 SANCHEZ ALBERCA, ALFREDO wrote:
> I've tried to follow your advice and install rkward building from de
> deb-src, but I get the same error. Also I've tried to compile again with
> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr but I get the same result. The
> installation seems to go ok but when I execute rkward I always get the same
> error: KCrash: Application 'rkward' crashing...
> KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
> sock_file=/home/alf/.kde/socket-alf-portatil/kdeinit4__0
>
> I paste the result of the cmake build process at the bottom if this can help
> Thakns again!

this is strange. I suspect this is due to leftovers form a previous attempt.
For starters try
  which rkward
(should be "/usr/bin/rkward"), and remove any conflicting installs.

If this still does not help, run rkward with
  rkward --debug-level5
go to /tmp, find the latest file called "rkward.frontend.XYZ", and post that
(preferrably compressed).

Thanks!