[rkward-devel] GUI element for nxn matrix

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 24 13:56:35 UTC 2012

On Saturday 22 September 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> definitely! this would be a huge enhacement. wouldn't it be almost enough
> to limit all column types to be the same? this could be visualized by
> deactivating/greying out all of the "type" row except for the first cell
> (of course there's some more changes needed internally, to then actually
> write a matrix()).

Yes, the GUI-side of things should be fairly easy (although I'm not sure I'm
happy with the waste of screen space that would go with this particular
solution). The internal side is going to be a bit more messy, however.
Currently the editor works on the assumption that each column is a separate R
object. Disentangling this without breaking too much will be a task for a well
rested head.

Definitely doable, though.