[rkward-devel] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.6.0

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Wed Oct 10 18:03:01 UTC 2012

Le mercredi 10 octobre 2012 à 19:51 +0200, Thomas Friedrichsmeier a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 10 October 2012, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > I'm not sure we understand each other: I'm just saying that when you
> > imported French translations from Launchpad, my translations, that were
> > present in SVN, shouldn't have been replaced, because they were more
> > recent than Launchpad's. So it looks like Launchpad had not imported the
> > PO file correctly from SVN.
>
> ok, I had thought you were talking about the most recent import, i.e. the
> launchpad import of the .po-file after I had reverted it to your version. The
> _current_ state on launchpad looks sane to me. I could not find meaningful
> differences between this and SVN (but a lot of differences in line-breaks make
> it somewhat hard to compare).
Ah, no, I haven't checked Launchpad recently, and I trust you it's OK
ATM.

> > So this is food for thought... ;-)
>
> Indeed. It is pretty much impossible to find out where exactly things went
> wrong, however, esp. since for a while, anybody could mess with our
> translations on launchpad. And at least some cases of mess-up clearly look
> like they were done by a human, rather than automated logic.
>
> I guess the lessons to learn - for now - are:
>   1. Fix permissions for translations on launchpad (done).
>   2. Don't try to sync both ways, only from LP to SVN. That should eliminate
> at least one potential point of failure.
The problem is, you need to sync from SVN to Launchpad if you want
Launchpad to be of any use (i.e. up-to-date msgid, no duplicate
work...). Except if you know that some languages are only translated on
Launchpad, and others only on SVN...