[rkward-devel] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.6.0

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 10 17:51:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday 10 October 2012, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> I'm not sure we understand each other: I'm just saying that when you
> imported French translations from Launchpad, my translations, that were
> present in SVN, shouldn't have been replaced, because they were more
> recent than Launchpad's. So it looks like Launchpad had not imported the
> PO file correctly from SVN.

ok, I had thought you were talking about the most recent import, i.e. the
launchpad import of the .po-file after I had reverted it to your version. The
_current_ state on launchpad looks sane to me. I could not find meaningful
differences between this and SVN (but a lot of differences in line-breaks make
it somewhat hard to compare).

> So this is food for thought... ;-)

Indeed. It is pretty much impossible to find out where exactly things went
wrong, however, esp. since for a while, anybody could mess with our
translations on launchpad. And at least some cases of mess-up clearly look
like they were done by a human, rather than automated logic.

I guess the lessons to learn - for now - are:
  1. Fix permissions for translations on launchpad (done).
  2. Don't try to sync both ways, only from LP to SVN. That should eliminate
at least one potential point of failure.