[rkward-devel] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.6.0

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 8 18:24:17 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Monday 08 October 2012, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> This version seems to work fine AFAICT, but I noticed my translations
> have been overwritten by a Launchpad import (revision 4323). Many
> translated strings have been removed, and bad older translations have
> been reintroduced.

Thanks for taking a close look! I have reverted fr.po to your version (+ a
message merge).

It does look like translation permissions were set more loose than I had
intendend. I have now restricted access to "launchpad-translators". For some
existing translators, this may mean that you will have to join that group,
first (but if you're already doing your translations in launchpad, that should
be a simple step). Sending translations to the list should continue to work.

I hope this will provide a decent level of quality control. At the very least
it gives us an address to complain to, in case of similar problems.

> This may have affected other languages too: I think
> you should really revert this commit before the release.

True, this may have caused problems in other languages, too. But also, I see
that other translators for other languages, who used to send their
translations to the list, are actively working on their translations in
launchpad, now. So reverting the commit, entirely, does not look like a good
idea, either.

For the upcoming release, I guess the best I can do is to check, whether the
translation was touched *after* I restricted the permissions, today. For
translations which have not been looked at, afterwards, I will revert to the
revision before the latest import. (Exceptions: Czech, Urkrainian, which have
already been brought up-to-date by known translators on launchpad, and German,
which I will check, myself, if in doubt).