[rkward-devel] quantal

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 2 12:46:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 October 2012, stfs wrote:
> So the crashes seem to be due to corruption/incompatibilites in the
> config files _somewhere_.
> The menu issue could be due some change in sources in kde, perhaps. Or
> maybe I'm missing some library or ... well I don't know.
> Anyway, now I have a working system again.

to be honest, I find this quite confusing, too. I'm glad you found a working
solution.

The first part of the problem (failure to load library on startup) is probably
what we have already covered in the FAQ:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=General_FAQ#.22The_.27rkward.27_R-
library_either_could_not_be_loaded_at_all.2C_or_not_in_the_correct_version.22

Two more ideas about the missing menu entries:
 - (Re-)move ~/.kde/share/apps/rkward . In particular any .rc files in there.
 - (Re-)move ~/.kde/share/config/rkwardrc .

Hope this helps.