[rkward-devel] Launch wizard from menu

Birk Diedenhofen mail at birkdiedenhofen.de
Tue May 8 10:28:25 UTC 2012

Thanks for your help!

> And of course, in any case, if a plugin defines only one
> interface, that will always be used.

I tried to create a plugin that uses only a wizard (see example code below).
However, when I launch the plugin from the menu, no wizard appears, but a dialog
that

contains only the standard buttons. (I configured rkward to prefer the
recommended

interface type.) The XML code that rkwarddev generated does not define dialog.

require(rkwarddev)
local({
  foo.input <- rk.XML.radio("Foo input",
    id.name="foo_input",
    options=list(
      "Show me foo"=c(val="show"),
      "Skip foo"=c(val="skip")
    )
  )

  full.wizard <- rk.XML.wizard(label="test", rk.XML.page(foo.input),
rk.XML.page(rk.XML.text("foo")), rk.XML.page(rk.XML.text("bar")))

  plugin.dir <<- rk.plugin.skeleton("test",

    provides=c("wizard"),
    xml=list(wizard=full.wizard),
    pluginmap=list(name="test", hierarchy=list("test", "test")), load=TRUE,
edit=TRUE, show=TRUE, overwrite=TRUE
  )
})

> I guess it might make sense to remember the most recently used
> interface, at least per session, and re-use that interface, when the plugin is
> opened again. Would this help? (If so, please add this as a wish to our
> feature request tracker).

I will do that.

Regards
Birk