[rkward-devel] RKWard-devel Digest, Vol 67, Issue 2

Michael Cohen mike1947 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:42:59 UTC 2012

Is there any easy way to have rkward re-initialize in a user account.
 First b/c I compiled first as a user using "0.5.7" and uninstalled then
using the development release rkward was found in the users directory
making it inconsistent and producing errors.  Easily fixed when realized.
 Second, somehow the menu bar disappeared in the version only used in my
account and the rkward window was glued to the top of the screen.  I could
not find where it was causing a problem so I moved my home directory out of
its login path, created a new directory and merged my home directory.
 Attempts to delete parts of .kde, .rkward, .config, .local, ...
were not successful

Perhaps this had something to do with data in sockets created from the
damaged directory or something.  I am not sure.  It took a while to merge
the accounts.
Also is the R rkward packages documented someplace?  Where is the source
code if any stored?

Still was unable to deal with the one windows machine with a problem.
 Perhaps it is nvidia drive dependent as on my intel graphics laptop the
bundle seems to work find.  I would have to recompile with R2.14 which is
more work on Windows and could not find debugging error files for the
backend crash i was seeing.
                                 --mike
--
Michael Cohen