[rkward-devel] object recovery

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 29 08:20:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Monday 26 March 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 25. März 2012 18:06:14 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Perhaps both the easiest and best solution would be to offer recovery for
> > top- level objects, only, i.e. offer to recover "a", if "a" is found to
> > be removed or is no longer a data.frame, but don't offer to recover
> > a[["b"]] as above. Probably accidental removal / overwriting of "a" is
> > much more likely than accidental removal of a$b, in the first place.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> sure, fine with me!

ok, done.

> [btw, isn't 2012 RKWard's 10th anniversary? we should celebrate this
> somehow ;-)]

Indeed. I registered the project on April 1st, 2002. Started coding around
November, 2002, and published the first release on November, 19 (but the next
release was almost two years later). I guess, if it seems to fit our
development progress, we could schedule an "anniversary" release on November,
19. But if you have more exciting / elaborate plans on celebrating, I'm all
ears.