[rkward-devel] R engine has died

Molina, Victor M. vmolina at pwcgov.org
Wed Dec 26 14:20:16 UTC 2012

Hi, Thomas.  Thank you for your prompt reply -and happy holidays!

Yes, I am trying to use v0.6.0.

I've also rebooted several times since installation.  I also tried
installing right after rebooting to no avail.

I tried running the bat file with "--debug-level 5".  This is the output
from the cmd console:
~/RKWard/KDE/bin/RKWard.bat --debug-level 5

##output starts here###
Initializing KDE
Starting RKWard
A subdirectory or file C:\Documents and Settings\vmm4026a\.rkward
already exists
.
##output ends here --including the dot###

I received the "engine has died msg" as well.  But I could not locate
the log files.  From the RKW gui, I went to the settings/config/debug
menu and saw a path for logs, but that location did not exist in my
machine  --it does not seem RKW was logging anything.

Please don't use too much of your time on this.  The issue could be
isolated to my workstation only.  If you happen to think of something
quick that may help, that'd be great, but I really do not want to waste
your time on an issue that may only exist in one machine.

Thanks again for your time and patience, Thomas.

Best regards,

Victor M. Molina
Prince William County
vmolina at pwcgov.org