[rkward-devel] R engine has died

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Dec 22 08:08:34 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Friday 21 December 2012, Molina, Victor M. wrote:
> I was using RKWard v 0.5 and updated to the latest one.

Probably you mean v0.6.0? So you used the installation bundle, right?

> When I tried to open it, I receive the following message.

I think the first thing to try is to simply reboot. Possibly there are some
KDE processes still running from the old installation. Alternatively,
   RKWard\KDE\bin\kdeinit4.exe --terminate
*might* help.

If that does not work, please try starting from the command line with
   RKWard\KDE\bin\rkward.bat --debug-level 5

The console output should mention a location where log files are written. Go
to the folder, and send the latest rkward.frontend.XXXX and
rkward.rbackend.XXXX logs.

> Another thing: the bat file shows the following output:

That output is normal (including the message about the dir already existing) -
up to the crash notice.