[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 29 15:49:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 29 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
>  - run the script again -- the plugin is not added again (at least for me)

ok, for me, neither. But that because rk.plugin.skeleton() skips
rk.load.pluginsmaps(), after finding out that the file already exists.

> > The message dialog has a "don't show again" box. Isn't that good enough?
>
> won't that turn off the appearance of this kind of messages globally? what
> i was looking for was only a means to suppress the message for a
> particular plugin you're testing at the moment (since you already know it
> will be added, it's what you call the function for), even if generally you
> want to be informed of new plugins. not a real issue, just a nice-to-have
> thing.

Well, you're only going to see the message once in a session, after all
(unless you keep changing the filename of the pluginmap). And I feel, in this
usecase, too, the message serves a similarly reassuring-but-not-exactly-vital
purpose of informing the user that plugins have been added to the GUI. So I'll
be stubborn about this ;-)