[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Sep 29 10:02:57 UTC 2011

hi,

am Donnerstag 29 September 2011 (11:02) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> yes, and it seems to work for me, too.

hm, you can try to reproduce this with
http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/ttest_example.R
at the end maybe comment out the lines "plugin.XML <- ..." and
"cat(pasteXMLTree(plugin.XML))", not needed here:

 - add "load=TRUE" to the rk.plugin.skeleton() call; this only works with the
   svn version of rkwarddev right now (you can also add "show=TRUE" to test
   the race condition fix)

 - run the script, it should create a t-test plugin in /tmp and add it to
   the menu right away

 - settings -> configure RKWard -> remove the plugin from the list

 - run the script again -- the plugin is not added again (at least for me)

> The message dialog has a "don't show again" box. Isn't that good enough?

won't that turn off the appearance of this kind of messages globally? what i
was looking for was only a means to suppress the message for a particular
plugin you're testing at the moment (since you already know it will be added,
it's what you call the function for), even if generally you want to be
informed of new plugins. not a real issue, just a nice-to-have thing.