[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 29 09:02:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 29 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> there's two issues, though. firstly, if you remove the pluginmap after it
> was added manually, rk.load.pluginmaps() seems to have problems re-adding
> it again. is that what the "force.add" option is supposed to take care of?

yes, and it seems to work for me, too. Note that there's roxygen-style
documentation in rk.plugin-functions.R. I just did not try generating the Rd-
file, yet.

> secondly, i also tried to call rk.call.plugin() from rk.plugin.skeleton()
> directly afterwards, but it only gives me an error that the plugin is
> unknown. once the function has finished, the same rk.call.plugin() call
> works. looks like some race condition, maybe the plugin-add message
> prevents this? so, i'd find two more options very handy, "suppress.popup"
> (FALSE) and "call" (giving a component ID; if this is handled by the
> adding process, race conditions could be circumvented).

I believe, I've fixed the race condition (although I haven't done proper
testing). The message dialog has a "don't show again" box. Isn't that good
enough?