[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Sep 29 08:22:38 UTC 2011

hi,

am Mittwoch 28 September 2011 (19:52) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Friday 23 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > rk.plugin.skeleton() has now an option to open the plugin files for
> > editing automatically. is there an (internal) R function to add a
> > .pluginmap to RKWard as well yet? that would be really very helpful.
>
> now available as rk.load.pluginmaps().

great, thanks! i've already added it to rk.plugin.skeleton(), works almost
perfectly :-)

there's two issues, though. firstly, if you remove the pluginmap after it was
added manually, rk.load.pluginmaps() seems to have problems re-adding it
again. is that what the "force.add" option is supposed to take care of?

secondly, i also tried to call rk.call.plugin() from rk.plugin.skeleton()
directly afterwards, but it only gives me an error that the plugin is unknown.
once the function has finished, the same rk.call.plugin() call works. looks
like some race condition, maybe the plugin-add message prevents this? so, i'd
find two more options very handy, "suppress.popup" (FALSE) and "call" (giving
a component ID; if this is handled by the adding process, race conditions
could be circumvented).