[rkward-devel] a new approach to external plugins

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Sep 12 18:26:21 UTC 2011

hi,

am Montag 12 September 2011 (09:33) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Sunday 11 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > is that done by manually editing rpackage_install.cmake.in
>
> yes.

ok, done that (and fixed the first issue too, as you could read...). hope this
works out now. at least now everyone can toy around with the rkwarddev
functions.

> One thing to keep in mind (I just realized this, a few days ago), is that
> we will need to push out a new release in time for / shortly after R
> 2.14.0, since RKWard 0.5.6 will be broken with that.

i also had to change all my R packages (because "Author at R" will become
"Authors at R" in DESCRIPTION).

> Thus, the main focus should be on stabilizing / documenting, where
> necessary.

ok, good point.

> Also, talking about automated tests, we had accumulated a whole lot of
> false positives (and a few true bugs), in our automated test suites.

i checked the IRT tests; almost all fails were caused by harmless XHTML
changes (like "<br>" is now "<br />" as it should be). there's only the 3PL
test that comes out slightly different in the actual results, regarding the
estimated parameters. one of the many the values seemed really off the charts,
but that's not RKWard's fault. i updated all test standards except this one,
which i could investigate a little deeper. but still i consider this nothing
to worry about for us at all.

> However, since last time around I had issues with replicating the tests on
> my machine. Not sure, whether these have been fixed upstream, or not.

i only got a lot of warnings about the rkward package not having a namespace.
does that ring a bell? apart from that, all tests ran fine (with the
exceptions mentioned above).