[rkward-devel] a new approach to external plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 12 07:33:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 11 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> today's journey gave me the opportunity to fix the value pseudotag issues
> in XiMpLe. so it should parse any complex XML trees now, and therefore we
> should probably arm these two packages in SVN.
>
> is that done by manually editing rpackage_install.cmake.in

yes.

> or some place
> else?
>
> > Consider adding some automated tests.
>
> while i'm still growing and reworking some functions (noting too big,
> though), this might become interesting soon. right now i'm testing with a
> script, can be turned into real tests later. in the meantime there's at
> least some examples which are run when building, these should do for now.

Ok.

One thing to keep in mind (I just realized this, a few days ago), is that we
will need to push out a new release in time for / shortly after R 2.14.0,
since RKWard 0.5.6 will be broken with that. That will be some time in
October, i.e. relatively soon. Thus, the main focus should be on stabilizing /
documenting, where necessary.

Also, talking about automated tests, we had accumulated a whole lot of false
positives (and a few true bugs), in our automated test suites. I have started
to clean up, but I'm not done with that, yet. One thing that I am unsure about
is the IRT tests. The results I get look sane to me. However, since last time
around I had issues with replicating the tests on my machine. Not sure,
whether these have been fixed upstream, or not. Thus, it would be nice, if you
could take care of updating the test standards for this suite. (Note:
rktest.setSuiteStandards() is mostly obsolete, now; you can simply copy the
relevant files from the test dir to the standards dir.)