[rkward-devel] a new approach to external plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 13 07:37:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 12 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > Thus, the main focus should be on stabilizing / documenting, where
> > necessary.
>
> ok, good point.

that said, I still intend to do some moderate feature additions, too. But yes,
whatever you do, please make sure it will be in a releasable state within
roughly one week, so we can start producing testing releases, then. I'll
propose a detailed schedule next week.

> i checked the IRT tests; almost all fails were caused by harmless XHTML
> changes (like "<br>" is now "<br />" as it should be). there's only the 3PL
> test that comes out slightly different in the actual results, regarding the
> estimated parameters. one of the many the values seemed really off the
> charts, but that's not RKWard's fault. i updated all test standards except
> this one, which i could investigate a little deeper. but still i consider
> this nothing to worry about for us at all.

Ok, I updated the standard for that to include the change from <br> to <br />.
Interestingly, with that, the test passes, here (and so do the other IRT
tests).

> i only got a lot of warnings about the rkward package not having a
> namespace. does that ring a bell? apart from that, all tests ran fine
> (with the exceptions mentioned above).

Harmless, but silenced, now. One of the things that are changing in R 2.14 is
that _all_ packages will have a namespace. That broke the replacement
functions in the rkwardtests package, but the fix lead to warnings in R < 2.14.