[rkward-devel] build problems

Derek Jacoby derekja at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 06:37:42 UTC 2011

I'm afraid I'm having some problems building from source. I'm attending a
workshop on Monday for which I needed to upgrade to R version 2.14. I first
built that but found that rkward (the version I installed from repositories
on ubuntu 11.04) was still using R 2.12. Not seeing any easy way to change
this, I removed the repository version of rkward and downloaded the sources.

Following the build instructions seemed to work, except I get errors on
starting rkward. First I was getting a "no packages" error, but following a
thread from last month I added the parameter "cmake ..
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`" But now I'm getting the error
below. Can anyone shed any light? Or tell me an easier way to use rkward
with 2.14.

Thanks!

--Derek

R version 2.14.0 alpha (2011-10-13 r57240)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Attaching package: ‘rkward’

The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:grDevices’:

x11, X11

The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:base’:

makeActiveBinding, q, quit, require, setwd, Sys.setlocale

Error in assign(backupname, original, envir =
as.environment("package:rkward")) :
cannot add bindings to a locked environment
Calls: .rk.fix.assignments -> rk.replace.function -> assign
starting httpd help server ... done
Error in assign(".rk.output.html.file", x, as.environment("package:rkward"))
:
cannot change value of locked binding for '.rk.output.html.file'
Calls: rk.set.output.html.file -> assign