[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Oct 1 14:31:10 UTC 2011

hi,

am Samstag 01 Oktober 2011 (10:38) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> I don't know how you like that idea, but in theory, once we have a DTD, it
> should also be possible to generate a large portion of the XML functions
> you have written, automatically, from that...

a little late for that, the only tags left are those for the help files ;-)
but rather than producing code i'd like to see DTD checks implemented in the
XiMpLe package. it's still a very primitive package (well, 36kb of code
including docs...).

don't hold you breath -- i know XiMpLe has other issues as well, e.g., on
really large files, the rude recursion eats a *lot* of RAM, i need to
implement some breaks there (and probably rewrite that part at some point).
for now it does it's job, especially the other way round. but of course, if
anyone would like to enhance the thing, go on do it ;-)

as for rkwarddev, i have some vague ideas to further help creating the JS
code, although that's a tough one compared to generating XML. but i would like
to have something similar to the way the existing functions take node objects
and extract the ID or tag name for code generation, so you can reuse the R
objects, for instance, in some "if/else" code generator (or similar common
structures; arrays are roughly covered already). expect some exotic stuff...