[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 1 08:38:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Friday 30 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> i was only testing the daily build which seems to have fetched sources
> exactly then -- now it all works like charm!

ok, good.

> btw, most of all these functions run some checks on what you're trying to
> do, to make it next to impossible to create invalid plugin XML code
> (rk.XML.hierarchy() only accepts menu nodes as children, etc.).

Which reminds me - again - that we should really have a formal DTD for our XML
files. That would also make it really easy to check existing plugins for many
types of errors which don't currently get caught, including the type/types-bug
you found, recently.

I don't know how you like that idea, but in theory, once we have a DTD, it
should also be possible to generate a large portion of the XML functions you
have written, automatically, from that...