[rkward-devel] R function to add plugin?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 1 18:51:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Saturday 01 October 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> as for rkwarddev, i have some vague ideas to further help creating the JS
> code, although that's a tough one compared to generating XML. but i would
> like to have something similar to the way the existing functions take node
> objects and extract the ID or tag name for code generation, so you can
> reuse the R objects, for instance, in some "if/else" code generator (or
> similar common structures; arrays are roughly covered already). expect
> some exotic stuff...

will it also be able to generate JS code for an existing plugin XML file?
Personally, I think I'll probably continue to write the plugin XML directly,
rather than using rk.XML.varslot() and friends. However, having a helper
create skeleton help and JS files from that would be very interesting.

Either way, keep it coming!

Also, since this thread is alreay quite off topic, I'll bring in something else
completely different: I guess the rkwarddev and XiMpLe packages will be
developed on a schedule that is mostly independent from RKWard release timing.
Also, it does not make too much sense to include them in the rkward source
.tar.gz. Therefore, I think they should be moved to a different location in
SVN, too. I suggest "svn move"ing them to a folder "packages" in the SVN root
(i.e. on the same level as "rkward", "scripts", "build", etc.). It doesn't
really matter too much, but I think this would be slightly "cleaner".