[rkward-devel] How to align elements

Rafael Garcia Leiva rafael.garcia at entropycs.com
Fri Dec 16 10:27:47 UTC 2011

Thomas,

> Hi
>> I'm writting a couple of plug-ins for finance, and I have some questions.
> Nice. Consider sharing your work as an add-on package, when you are done.

No problem. Altough it is a highly specific plug-in, perhaps I can make
a more generic one.

>> The first one is if there is any way I can align centered (vertically)
>> two GUI elements using the XML description.
> You can achieve centering by adding<stretch/>  elements. In your example,
> you'd add one each above and below the row in question.

When I do that what I get is that both, radio and input, get centered
with respect to the frame, but this is not what I want. The problem is
that the radio and the input are aligned to their tops, and I would like
to have them aligned to their center. I have tried different
combinations of stretch but they didn't work the way I want.

>> The other question it is if there is any way I can get the RKward
>> installation directory from the JavaScript.
> No, not currently. It would be possible to add a corresponding function. But
> perhaps there is another way to achieve what you are trying to do. So what do
> you need this for?

Most of the financial tools have a repository of historical data for the
analysis (quotes for stocks, bonds, currencies, ...), since all the
users use the same data, and historycal data does not change. So data is
part of the program itself, and it gets installed in the same directory
of the program.

Best regards

Rafael