[rkward-devel] How to align elements

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Dec 16 15:52:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Friday 16 December 2011, Rafael Garcia Leiva wrote:
> When I do that what I get is that both, radio and input, get centered
> with respect to the frame, but this is not what I want. The problem is
> that the radio and the input are aligned to their tops, and I would like
> to have them aligned to their center. I have tried different
> combinations of stretch but they didn't work the way I want.

I see. Try this, then:

<row>
	<column>
		<stretch/>
		<radio>...</radio>
		<stretch/>
	</column>
	<column>
		<stretch/>
		<input ... />
		<stretch/>
	</column>
</row>

> Most of the financial tools have a repository of historical data for the
> analysis (quotes for stocks, bonds, currencies, ...), since all the
> users use the same data, and historycal data does not change. So data is
> part of the program itself, and it gets installed in the same directory
> of the program.

By "program", are you referring to your plugin, or to an external application?
If the data is shipped with your plugin, I suggest to package your plugin as
an R add-on package (see
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/documents/devel/plugins/external_plugins.html).
Place your data in the "inst" subdirectory along with the RKWard specific files.
Now you can query R (>= 2.13.0) for the path to your package installation
directory using path.package(). This does not give you access to the path in
JavaScript, though. Don't know, whether that is a hard requirement.

If the data is shipped with an external application, are you sure that will
always be installed in the same path as RKWard? If so, you could query R for
that path using
   Sys.getenv ("RKWARD_ENSURE_PREFIX")
or
   system ("kde4-config --prefix")
.

However, if there is any chance that the path might vary, then please take a
look at the following wishlist item:
   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3448066&group_id=50231&atid=459010
? Does this match what you are looking for? Feel free to add comments to that,
of course.