[rkward-devel] some separate queries related to the plot history feature

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 13 11:45:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 12 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Yeah, the lattice plots are tracked through trellis.last.object () and
> not recordPlot () and for that reason rk.activate.device () should be
> used instead of dev.set (). I'll update the test code later, after
> adding a few more tests.

I changed the test a bit more, but only to make it easier to read, not
changing any of the logic (I think). I still get a mismatch the first time a
trellis plot (plots[[2]]) is checked.

If possible, I'd like to get rid of rk.activate.device() before the release.
I.e. could you implement the wrapper around dev.set(), instead, as discussed?
I suppose this will require replacing "dev.set()" with ".rk.dev.set.default()"
at some places in the history-implementation, but I'm not quite sure, where,
and where not.

> > How do I run only this test?
>
> Never mind, I just copied the function and testing it independently.

Yes, I would have recommended that, too. The test-framework simply doesn't
have support for running a single test, yet. (But it should not be difficult to
add).