[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jun 26 10:56:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 25 June 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> Okay I'll try to take over the lead position. I have to admit that I'm
> working currently on two papers … but let's see how far we get.

great!

> So far we have in the boat:
>
> Thomas (some content, advise, comments)
> Meik (content, writing)
> Matthieu (feedback)
> Detlef (content, writing)
> Prasenjit (writing on statistical terms, graphics)
> Stefan (content, writing, coordination)
>
> That sounds healthy.

Indeed. Thanks everybody!

> Regarding the processor from my own experience OOo was the better tool when
> working with several people. Line numbering, plain format, change tracking,
> grammar and spell check, graphical arrangement are some not to
> underestimate benefits. From odt to tex is an comparable easy transition
> when a paper is in the final shape content wise. However, I'm also open
> for tex if all consent.

Either is fine with me (and the final decision is up to Stefan as the
coordinator).

> SVN sounds good to me.

Good. I created a branch for that, as suggested by Prasenjit (currently
empty). Check it out with

svn co https://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/branches/jss_dec_10
or
svn co http://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/branches/jss_dec_10

(https:// for read-write access, http:// for anonymous access).
After that it's the usual svn add / svn commit to upload your documents. You
know the drill.

Side note, regarding copyright: Here's what the JSS-homepage has about that:

"Copyright
The Journal of Statistical Software has chosen to apply the Creative Commons
Attribution License to all articles we publish in this journal.  Under the
CCAL, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors
allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy
articles in Journal of Statistical Software, so long as the original authors
and source are credited."

So no need for secrecy.

> For the planning:
> 1) I'll try to make an outline till Friday (02.07.2010) next week (or
> earlier). Then I'll sent it to you.
> 2) We discuss the outline (topics/chapter, needed figures, …)
> 3) We'll strip down the paper in sections and start corresponding
> documents. 4) Fill the parts with content (either person wise or in a
> certain order).

Looking forward to your outline!